So I was writing a small paper in Microsoft Word and the program suddenly crashed (I saved a couple minutes before, thank god) and I get this message in the corner of my screen two seconds afterward
what the fuck
what if obama does the ice bucket challenge and nominates queen elizabeth
what if obama actually talks about what’s going on in ferguson
what if obama stopped exterminating the middle eastern population with drones
what if obama lowered my gotdamn tuition
What if everyone gets educated and stops acting like the President can make decisions for the country by themselves
Google-News this shit before getting angry about it y’all. It’s not that hard.
At the groceries store
can we just collectively agree as a generation that we aren’t going to care if each other’s houses are clean when we visit bc im gettin real sick of the “the house has to be spotless or our guests will judge us” deal my parents got goin on
none of us in this generation is going to be able to afford a house.
Welcome to the house i share with 30 people. My 4x4 foot square of space has been vacuumed for your visit.
- other country: wow we solved drug crimes by doing this and the problem is practically completely resolved
- america: there is just no stopping the war on drugs........
- other country: we have the most successful schools because we implement these rules to encourage real learning
- america: no hope....... kids just cant cut it anymore........
- other country: gun related crime is all but non existent thanks to our restrictions
- america: wow..... if only there was some way to stop these shootings before they happened..............
- other country: nothing bad has happened as a result of our equal marriage/bathroom laws for lgbt
- america: if only there was a way.............................
So I go to use the (girls) bathroom in my dorm. And the stall I always use is just
I can’t use this stall anymore guys…
Can we talk about this a second? Because why is this okay? Why isn’t this getting flamed at and used as a lesson that objectifying people isn’t okay. I GUARANTEE you, if this was a men’s bathroom stall filled with women (even if they were fully clothed as the men are) tumblr would have exploded with hatred and statements of “this is what’s wrong with men”. But no. It’s okay for women to objectify men in their bathroom and generalize them as Hotties. If you want to end the objectification of women, let’s start with not objectifying ANYBODY.
Have you noticed that when a slim girl dates a big guy, he’s seen and called a teddy bear by friends
But when a big girl dates a slim guy, she’s called a whale, truck, “why would you do that to yourself man”?
It’s almost as if people are especially fatphobic towards women
And they make it seem like we live in a sexist and misogynistic society
Did anybody ever think that the guy called “a big teddy bear” (or even the implied largeness by “a teddy bear”) doesn’t like it? That he finds it insulting? Yeah calling a larger woman a ‘whale’ or ‘truck’ is horrible and rude. But that doesn’t make calling a guy something ‘not as bad’ okay… It’s still a name based on his size.